Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Country Charmed Valentine

Hey everyone. I am still trying to hit 100 followers. I would love it if you were a follower. I have a give-a-way going if I hit 100 followers.  Check it out here.

It has been a crazy couple days. My job had me out of the office all of yesterday, today I had several conference calls, and tonight I am trying to pack my scrap stuff and make some snacks and soup for a scrapbook weekend with a couple friends. They will be here Thursday morning to pick me up at 9am. Yikes- still so much to do.

I have had a few challenges that I wanted to participate in. So, I pulled out my Gypsy and picked a few cuts, then tried to put them together for a cute valentine card.  Here is what I came up with.

It is a 5.5" x5.5" card. I used two carts, Country Life and Simply Charmed along with a stamp from my new Creative Time Stamp set I just got in the mail. See below for how I did it. 

I will be posting it in the following challenges...

Be sure to hop over and check out all the great designs by the host designers and those that have posted entries. There is some awesome designs you should see.

Here's how I did it...
Bazzill paper for base
Lasting impressions pink card stock
Additional paper scraps from my stash
Flowers and all layers cut at 4.25" from Country Life, p. 73
Scarecrow and all layers cut at 3.5" from Simply Charmed, p.57; I used the gypsy to  hide the face features so I could stamp the face instead
Peachy Keen Winter Face stamp set for face
Sentiment from My Creative Time: You Had Me At Chocolate stamp set
Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip stamp pad
Crepe Paper ruffle found at local craft store
Scrap of brown satin ribbon from my stash
Sticker black pearls for buttons on the scarecrow 
CM baby pocket heart punch
Clear stickles
Doodles with my white and brown pen

14 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so adorable! very unexpected as a valentines card...I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)

Cindy Beland said...

Super cute,LOVE your card!

VICTORIA said...

Really cute card. Good Luck :) Victoria

Janice W. said...

That scarecrow is so cute! Love the face! Your card makes me long for nicer weather! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

Scrappy Mel said...

So sweet! I just love that little scarecrow! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

Cathryn said...

Very cute, TFS Cathryn67 <3

Unknown said...

This is super cute! I love the patterns you chose, and the whole way you created the scene is really fun. I love seeing projects for holidays that aren't the traditional colors or shapes associated with the holiday.

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute, I am a new follower, would love for you to stop by my blog, I'm in a hop and giving away a cart!!
Cindy
http://scrappingroom.blogspot.com/

Lorie said...

Awwww! This is so cute! I love your take on the PKS challenge, and I'm so happy you could play along with us!

Hugs,
Lorie PKSDT

Unknown said...

Great scarecrow!! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

Vicky said...

your card is so cute. love the scarecrow.

Purrbal said...

Super cute! TFS

Shannon

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Super cute card! I love the scarecrow. I'm a new follower. If you get a chance, please stop by my blog and if you like it become a follower of mine.

stacy
http://www.mycraftingtime.com

Lorie said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge! It's wonderful to have you!

Hugs,
Lorie