Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feel Better for Aiden

Hey everyone – I am sure most of you have seen this already, but Mary over at CARDZTV had posted this week asking for everyone to help out little Aiden. It's quite simple and takes only a few minutes and some scraps of paper- not much to put a smile on a little boys face.


I was working on a card for a few challenges and switched it up a bit so I could forward it onto Aiden.You will find this card linked to the following challenges as well..Jitterbuggin, Swirls and Twirls; Cooking with Cricut, Scrappy Moms Tuesday Challenge and the Wacky Wednesday Farm challenge. You will find the message from Mary about this little boy as well as how I did the card below.


Hi guys,
My friend, Lisa/
honeybearzdesigns2011 passed the story of this sweet little boy, Aidan, on to me, and asked me to pass it on to you. Let's keep this little angel in our prayers, and send him lots of cards to look at while he's so very sick.
  A Baby in Need of Smiles - Please Help Little Aidan

Tanya from Scrappin KY Momma needs help from all of us crafters. She knows this little boy and his family and would like to send him cards. Here's his story...


Aidan is a sweet lil 2 year old, who was recently diagnosed with T Cell Leukemia. On Wednesday, February 16, he had a port installed in his chest, spinal tap, bone marrow, and chemo in his spine. He did GREAT! This lil guy is such a trooper. His parents have accepted that their BABY has Leukemia.. NOT the easiest thing to accept, but their faith in God, and their
support system, have kept them going. T-Cell Leukemia has a high cure rate although chemo will be continued for quite a while. Lil Aidan LOVES mail, like any 2 year old does. So....
Let's get our crafting supplies out, and send this lil guy some LOVE!!! Pass this on to all your crafty friends. I think we can all take a couple minutes, and make something special for him, that will bring LOTS of smiles, and he can look at over and over. We all know how laughing and smiling can be good for the soul. Let's give him this much for him to enjoy while he's battling this horrible disease. I have no doubt in my mind, that God can perform a miracle in this beautiful child. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.Lets all
come together and put Lots of BIG Smiles on Aidan's and his parents faces.

Please mail your cards to:


AIDAN

c/o Tanya Stilwell

P.O. Box 143

Cecilia
, KY 42724

Thanks, guys...God bless you!


Here's how I did it... 
Brown card stock is Bazzill
All other paper is from my scrap stash
Following cuts all from Create a Critter Cartridge
  • Base of card  welded two horseshoes together from p 59 that measure 4.35" x 5.52". Also, welded a rectangle to both to connect them using my Gypsy
  • Dark brown horseshoe also from p. 59 cut at 4.35" x 5.52"
  • Grass is cut at 1" from p. 45. I welded three of them together to get the correct width
  • Horse and all layers cut at 2.25" from p. 59
Sign cut from H2O cartridge at 2.25" and stamped with sentiment from Pink by Design Country living stamp set
Divine Swirls Embossing folder for card front
Inside sentiment from Scrappy Moms Simple Sentiments stamp set
Chalk for edges, twine for a bow and doodles with my gel pen.

10 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

Oh, so cute! I'm sure Aiden will LOVE it! :)

Jean said...

Your card is so cute and I know he will love it. I sent a card out for him today. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Jen said...

Adorable card, Barb! Perfect for a little cowboy in need of cheering up. Thanks for swirling & twirling with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Raven B said...

This is great! I am so glad that news is spreading about this wonderful cause.
Hugs,
Raven CWC DT

Cathryn said...

Excellent card, great for this little guy! TFS Cathryn67 :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

adorable! I love everything about it! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)

Madison said...

Such a perfect card for Aiden. He will love it!! TFS and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Great Card.... for a good cause !
Thanks for playing this week with Cooking With Cricut.
Have a great Saturday ;-)
Maria Elena CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline said...

Great Card - I made a card for aiden as well - that story just touches your heart. Love the farm animal theme - he will be sure to love it!

I luv if you stopped by blog and checked out my GET IN SHAPE submission ~

Sherri said...

Wonderful card.......little Aiden is in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!