Thursday, March 10, 2011

Caught a Bug for Challenges!

Hope everyone is having a great week. I can't believe how fast the days are flying by lately. The weather is a bit warmer her so the snow is starting to melt a bit. 

I meant to get this posted yesterday, but it just was not coming together well, so after starting over three times, I finely got a finished card. The pictures don't show the light green very well, but the bug is a pastel green a very bright green and light blue. In the picture he looks like he did catch a bug as green as his little face is.
inside card
close up of jar
This card has a window and I used acetate on the opening to give more of the glass jar effect.
The bug is the Bee from Create a Critter, perhaps it is another clue about my announcement on Monday...(hehehe).

This fits the bill for a few different challenges...
Cricut Cardz Challenge: make a 9"x4" card
Paper Variety Challenge: Get Well  
More than Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge: Purple, Green and Yellow

Here's how I did it...
Yellow card stock from Bazzill
All other paper is from my scraps stash
Jar/layers cut 5" from Kate's ABCs, p. 47
( I hid most of the jar except the inside part for the card opening and then re-cut it to layer on top over the acetate)
Bee/layers cut at 2.25" from Create a Critter, p. 68
Sentiment on front printed from my computer
Sentiment inside from Scrappy Moms Simple Sentiments stamp set
Face on Bee from Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids stamp set
Acetate, Bakers twine, a simple button and doodles with my gel pen

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute! Love it-- you are so stinkin' talented!

Janis Lewis said...

Oh that is totally cool! Thanks for playing with us at CCC. :) Janis DT#2

patti west said...

Seriously Barb, this card is all kinds of cute!! I love it! :) Thanks for playing w/us at The Paper Variety!

Maureen Reiss said...

This card is adorable!! I love this idea!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOODNESS.... this is simply ADORABLE! I LOVE how it turned out! Soooo Cute! Thanks for joining us this week over at Cricut Cardz! :o)
Theresa CCC DT

mum of two said...

What a great "tall" card! It is so cute! I love that bee... Thanks for playing with us this week and CCC :)

michelle DT#2
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Love this card!! Super adorable, Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

Abby Beard said...

This is so cute and clever! Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety! :)

teachermom5 said...

Really creative. It turned out great, love the little bee and the twine.