Friday, July 22, 2011

Cricut 360 Challenge #4- The Great Outdoors

Yeah- it's Friday again and that means another Cricut 360 Challenge.
This week the challenge is create a card or layout with the great outdoors in mind.

I went straight to my Camp Out Cartridge and found a great moon, owl and tree branch.
 
Yes, you are correct. That is not the owl from the Camp Out cartridge.
When I started cutting and piecing everything together the owl I had chosen just did  not have the feel I wanted - almost looked too scary.

So I started searching my gypsy for owls and found this adorable one on the Sentimentals cart.
I trimmed off his tail and glued it behind the branch so he would look more dimensional sitting on the tree branch. I then put pop dots behind the owl body and more behind his eyes- I wanted them really to stand out. 
I am happy with my little owly friend.

Please hope over to Cricut 360 and check out all the other inspiration projects and please give this challenge a try. I would love to see what you come up with. 

Here's how I did it...
5"5" card base from craft paper
All other paper is from my scrap stash
Moon cut at 4" from Camp Out
Branch/layers cut at 3" from Camp Out
Owl/layers cut at 3.21" from Sentimentals
Martha Stewart bakers twine
Chalk and doodles with my gel pen
Sticker beads for eyes
Sentiment on from MPS Biggie Punnies

12 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

I love your card! The colors are perfect. I really like the paper you used for your owl. Great Job. TFS.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

This card is awesome! I love your creations and I am so happy to be working with you on FCCB design team! :)Amy

my crafting creations said...

Amy, I really like the paper you used for your Owl also. It almost looks embossed. Terrific job.

kim

Creative Diva said...

I'm totally diggin the Owl. It is awesome. I love the paper.

Sarah said...

Brilliant work on cutting the tail off and replacing it for a cool look! Love it! :)

Daisylove Creations said...

Barb,
Your owl card is super cute! The paper you used looks like you embossed it, it really looks like feathers...so cool!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

DebC said...

Love anything with owls on it so I really love your project. Thanks for sharing
Deb C
dsc105@live.com

Sherrie K. said...

Love your card. The scene is just too cute and really lovin this owl! Great job, Barb!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com/
jskoning at msn dot com

cuttlebug_fan said...

Lovely card! That owl is adorable.

Leirad
leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

This is a super card I love the papers.



DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

such a great owl card! my sister in law loves them...i will have to keep this in mind...when I need an amazing card for her!

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful card and that owl is gorgeous... I know what you mean about the scary one from Camp Out...lol... Love the feeling of this card, and great paper choice...HUGS...SK :)