Thursday, July 21, 2011

Warm Apple Pie and Picnics!

This card makes me wish for fresh apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. 
I wanted this to look like a pie sitting in an open window on a warm summer day. The wood grain paper helps the perception of the trim around the window. 

Once cool it is ready for a picnic or friends that may stop over.

I will be linking this up to the Let's Eat Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog. The challenge is to create a project with a BBQ, Picnic, or Patio theme and use a gingham or check patterned. 

Here's how I did it...
Standard A2 card
Paper from my stash
Sentiment from Scrappy Mom Stamps
Pie/layers cut at 3.5" from Country Life, p 77
Frame from Create a critter sized to fit on my Gypsy

9 comments:

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is SOOO cute!!! I love the patterned paper you used! PERFECT!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

this is cute!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Barb, this is just so cute! A pie sitting in the window was my first thought when I saw the picture! I love the wood grain mat...perfect!

Sherrie K. said...

What a a cute cut! I like the rolling pin on there too...so cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Very sweet Barb! I love the smell of pie baking in the oven! The gingham paper is perfect and the wood grain paper gives the effect you wanted.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super yummy!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Adrian said...

very cute, good luck!

Amy said...

What a great card! I love it! :)Amy

RockinRenee said...

Love this card! I want to scraplift!