Monday, August 29, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday # 75 -Splash of Color

Hello- it's Monday.
I am just getting back from a long work week overseas. It was very productive, but now I am a bit tired.

The Fantabulous Challenge Me Monday this week is a Splash of Color- Use the color yellow on your project.

I have a new cricut cart I got a few weeks ago, Phrases, and wanted to try one of the phrases- that sounds obvious I guess-hahaha. 
The cart is great, and on each page there is a cheat code to let you know the minimum size the phrase should be cut to look the best. Some of the designs are quite detailed so anything smaller than 3" may not work or cut well.

So here is my Thank You phrase card with yellow.
Thank you to everyone who has been playing along with us over at FCCB. I am having a great time and hope you are too. 

Here's  How I did it....
Basic A2 size card base
Paper from my stash
Paisley cuttlebug folder used on brown mat
Thank You/Layers cut at 3" from the Phrases cartridge
Yellow brads from my stash and doodles with my pen.

13 comments:

Kate said...

Great birthday card, Barb! I love the brads in the corner. I always forget about using brads but they add such a great look!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Nice. I have the Phrases cartridge but have yet to use it so you have inspired me to use it. I know you are a DT for Fantabulous Cricut and since the Fantabulous Cricut site does not have the new Mon challenge posted could you tell me what time they schedule the new Mon challenge to be posted?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Great layered thank you card! I didn't even know there was a phrases cartridge- I'll have to look for that one. :)Amy

Sarah said...

This turned out great Barb! I really like the embossed background!

Larelyn said...

I love it! It's simple yet you added so much to make it just perfect - the embossing, the doodling, and the color combo - wonderful. I love this cart, don't you?
Hugs,

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the embossing!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the cut from Phrases. Looks like this is a must have cart.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Nice colors and embossing!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

This will work!!great thank you card. This would be a good one for men, the colors are more masculine. I like the brads to.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Barb! I love the pretty embossing folder you used! Awesome card:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing the cut from Phrases--been wondering about that cartridge! Love the Paisley embossed background!
Glenda

Sabrina said...

Very nice card, that's a great Thank You cut. I like the font and how you popped it out against the embossed paper.

Jennie Garcia said...

Great card!! I wasn't even aware of that cart!! Love the embossing!!
Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/