Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Monday- Have a blooming good day!

It's Monday and I had a great weekend scrapping with some friends. I was trying to work on a scrapbook of pictures from a group trip last year. In between pages, I tried to get some smaller projects completed, a gift card, thank you card, etc. 


Paper Sundaes has a challenge this week called "Let's Get Cute" - pull out your cute stamps or images for a project. 
Well, a while back I had picked up my first Pure Innocence stamp. I have ooh'd and ahh'd over them many times, but never made the purchase before because I am not very good with my markers; blending colors, highlighting, and all that good stuff.  
And, I have never paper pieced with a stamped image before. So, this was a good chance to try it. 
The dress was the biggest challenge to get all the little dress pieces trimmed out after stamping on the pattern paper. I am pretty happy with how this turned out. I might have to do this again soon!


Here's How I did it....
A2 base card on Kraft stock with inked edges
All pattern papers from My Minds Eye A beautiful Life 6x6 paper stack
Pure Innocence Blooming Good Day stamp colored with Copic markers
Mat sized on the Gypsy from Elegant Edges
Ribbon from my stash
All edges inked with Tim Holz ink

6 comments:

jessica said...

This is so adorable Barb! Love the image and card design!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT week!!

Amy said...

Very cute- love your paper piecing! :)Amy

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

super sweet card. Your paper piecing looks fabulous and I love that sentiment. too cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Barb, your card is super sweeet! The papers are awesome and the image is adorable! I like how you layered the sentiments..very fun and cute bow!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! And might I say, you did a FABULOUS job with the paper piecing!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image,just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P